- Development of an opto-acoustic positioning system for the tracking of tool poses (position and orientation) for quality assurance
- Development of a CDMA-based positioning solution for the simultaneous tracking of almost any desired number of tools
- Further information
- Design of model based control concepts for transport systems
- Derivation of appropriate system representations for control design
- Analysis of the system based on input/output models
- Further information
We are always looking for students, who want to contribute to one of our research projects through a bachelor's or master's thesis. The assigned subjects typically include but are not limited to:
- Distributed-parameter modeling of mechanical, electric and thermodynamic systems.
- Solving inverse mathematical problems.
- Methods of constrained and unconstrained optimization.
If you are interested in one of our projects and would like to get more information, or if you'd like to inquire about additional topics, please don't hesitate to contact us.
- “Steuerungsentwurf von linearen Transportsystemen mit örtlich verteiltem Eingriff”, at - Automatisierungstechnik, 63, pp. 438-449, 2015, doi:10.1515/auto-2014-1147 ,
- “Model Predictive Control of a Non-linear 2-Body Point Absorber Wave Energy Converter with Estimated State Feedback”, IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy, 2015, doi:10.1109/TSTE.2014.2372059 ,
- “Parametrisierung von Reglern zur automatisierten Abfluss- und Stauzielregelung (ASR) – Stand von Wissenschaft und Technik”, BAW Mitteilungen, pp. 23-63, 2012 ,
- “Modelling and optimized water management of artificial inland waterway systems”, Journal of Hydroinformatics, 15, pp. 348-365, 2012, doi:10.2166/hydro.2012.163 ,
- “Online real-time Scheduled Model Predictive Feedforward Control for impounded River Reaches applied to the Moselle River”, IEEE International Conference on Automation Science and Engineering (CASE), Fort Worth, TX, USA, 2016, pp. 1276-1281 ,
- “Compensation of Spatially Distributed Disturbances in Heat Conduction Systems”, IEEE International Conference on Automation Science and Engineering (CASE), 2014, pp. 860-865, doi:10.1109/CoASE.2014.6899426 ,
- “Feedforward controller design for a spatially distributed transport system considering input constraints”, Control Automation Robotics and Vision, 2014, pp. 1147-1152, doi:10.1109/ICARCV.2014.7064467 ,
- “Comparison of model based feed-forward control strategies for impounded rivers”, European Control Conference (ECC), 2014, pp. 1361-1366, doi:10.1109/ECC.2014.6862565 ,
- “Inversion Based Feedforward Control for Higher-Dimensional Parabolic Systems with Spatially Distributed Control Input”, IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), 2013, pp. 3732-3737, doi:10.1109/CDC.2013.6760458 ,
- “An inversion based model-predictive feed-forward discharge controller for impounded rivers”, International Workshop on Multidimensional (nD) Systems, 2013, pp. 9-11 ,
- “State Estimation for Optimized Water Management of Inland Waterway Systems”, International Conference on Hydroinformatics (HIC), 2012 ,
- “Modeling and Optimized Water Management of Inland Waterway Systems”, IEEE Conference on Control Applications (CCA), Yokohama, Japan, 2010, pp. 1874-1880, doi:10.1109/CCA.2010.5611202 ,
- “Modeling and Optimisation of a Glass Feeder considered as a distributed parameter system”, SICE Conference, Kagawa, Japan, 2007, pp. 2950-2954, doi:10.1109/SICE.2007.4421496 ,