Prof. Dr.-Ing. Joachim Birk
- Credit Points
For more information join the course on ILIAS.
For numerous practical applications especially for waste water treatment processes and incinerator plant processes following aspects will be teached
- Major challenges and innovation drivers for Operational Technology (OT) (e.g. innovation rates by Industry 4.0 approaches, life cycles, complexity)
- Fundamentals of structuring OT solutions
- Basic automation principles (e.g. important add-ons to standard controllers, control loop pairing)
- Advanced automation solutions (e.g. complexity reduction by alarm management, controller performance management, Human Machine Interface, diagnostic functions and Advanced Process Control)
- Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) as a functional interface between different aspects of OT (production, quality, inventory, maintenance)
- Engineering and maintenance process for OT solutions and innovative solutions to support plant maintenance.
- Target audience: M.Sc. WASTE – Modules "Air Quality Control“ and "Waste Water“
- Exam: Oral (30min)
- Requirements: Modules “Measurements”, “Numerical Simulations” or “Modeling and Simulation of Processes”, Basics in Control Engineering