During minimally-invasive surgical interventions, the surgeon needs to keep an exact anatomic orientation in order to achive the predefined goal of the operation, like e.g., the removal of a tumor. Due to the intraoperatively modified spacial situation, the preoperatively obtained image data are different to the situation found during the surgical intervention.
The goal of the present project is the development of a surgical navigation system for image-guided orientation during minimally-invasive laparoscopic operations. Preoperatively identified anatomic structures, like e.g., a tumor or kidney stone, are visualized in an appropriate manner, even with the intraoperatevly modified spatial situtation.
- Institute for Technical Optics, University of Stuttgart
- University Department of Urology, University of Tübingen
- Wilhelm-Schickard-Institute, Dept. Cognitive Systems, University of Tübingen
- Aesculap AG, Tuttlingen
- P. Rapp, O. Sawodny, and C. Tarín. "Sensor Fusion for Planar Pose Estimation using Immersion and Invariance". Proceedings of the 54th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Osaka, Japan, 2015
- P. Rapp, O. Sawodny, and C. Tarín. "Opto-Acoustic Distance Measurement Using Spread Spectrum Techniques and Carrier Phase Measurements". Proceedings of the 2015 IEEE Multi-Conference on Systems and Control (MSC), Sydney, Australia, 2015
- P. Rapp, L. Hägele, O. Sawodny, and C. Tarín. "Characterization of a 6 DOF Acoustic-Inertial Navigation System for Minimally-Invasive Surgery". Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Control, Automation, Robotics and Vision, Singapore, 2014.
- P. Rapp, O. Sawodny, C. Tarín, C. R. Pech, J. Mischinger, and C. Schwentner. "A Concept for a Novel Surgical Navigation System". Proceedings of the 2014 IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, San Diego, CA, USA, 2014.
- P. Rapp, L. Hägele, O. Sawodny, and C. Tarín. "Performance Study for an Acoustic-Inertial Close Range Navigation System used in Minimally-Invasive Surgical Interventions". Proceedings of the 2014 European Control Conference, Strasbourg, France, 2014.